We are seeking funds to support our Oral History Project and for building the base for our proposed scholarship program.
Over the past year, we have accomplished the following:
1. Received the IRS 501c3 designation, retroactive to July 2017.
2. Collected two new oral histories from two people influenced by Seton’s work. These histories need to be transcribed. Your donation will help!
3. Institute information disseminated internationally in Canada, Czech Republic, and Poland.
4. Collaboration with the Woodcraft Rangers, an offshoot of Seton’s original Woodcraft that will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2022.
5. Collaboration with the Boy Scouts of America’s National Scouting Museum that houses the Seton Collection of books, art, and artifacts.
We are currently working on these tasks:
5. Upgrading the etsetoninstitute.org website.
6. Seeking to expand our board of directors. (If interested, please contact us at [email protected])
7. Brainstorming ideas for fundraising and increasing the Institute’s visibility across the US.
Julie Seton just returned from a lecture tour to Poland and the Czech Republic.
Here is a link to an interview she completed in the Czech Republic. Be sure to use Google Translate to read this information. The interview is in Czech, but Julie’s part is in English. They used a translator
Here is a link to the TV article about the Czech Republic Woodcraft League and Julie Seton’s visit.