Ernest Thompson Seton was…
- An author of more than 40 books and countless articles in major magazines.
- He was a popular lecturer who could hold audiences spellbound with his stories and his unique ability to replicate bird and animal sounds with his own voice.
- An artist with astounding skill in depicting wildlife, particularly birds and mammals.
- A naturalist who studied animals extensively, producing the classic work, Lives of Game Animals, essentially an eight-volume illustrated encyclopedia covering North American mammals.
- A well-known advocate of Indigenous Nations’ rights.
- The founder of the Woodcraft League and a cofounder of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Charter member of Camp Fire Club of America, American Bison Society, and other wildlife and wilderness conservation organizations.